Breakfast Quinoa with Ginger and Cinnamon
Courtesy of Food & Nutrition Magazine, recipe by Lisa Andrews
Yield: Two ½ cup servings
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste (can use grated fresh ginger as well; paste sold in tubes in produce section of grocery store)
- 1 Tablespoon slivered almonds
- Rinse quinoa.
- Cook according to directions on package. If desired, use nonfat dairy or soy milk for additional protein (or other nondairy beverage as desired).
- When cooked, add cinnamon, brown sugar (optional), ginger and almonds.