Our internship program is designed to expose students to potential career tracks in fitness, medical fitness, and other related paths. In addition to being a part of the day-to-day operations of a medically-based fitness facility, you’ll also have a chance to observe other areas that can only be seen in a hospital setting. Examples include cardiac rehabilitation, physical therapy, bariatrics, fitness for oncology patients, corporate health screenings and more.
Benefits of an internship at Beacon Health & Fitness
- Scheduling flexibility — we work with you to ensure that your program requirements are met
- Structured learning experience
- Fixed appointments with key leaders in the organization for your to talk to and ask questions of
- Opportunity to learn about a variety of career paths in your field
Earning a slot in our internship program is a competitive process. To be eligible, you must:
- Be an enrolled junior or senior at an accredited college or university
- Be a major in Exercise Science or a related health field
- Have separately completed at least one anatomy and one physiology course at the college level
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, both cumulatively and in your major field of study
Please keep in mind that these are the minimum requirements. Meeting these does not guarantee placement. To provide the most complete internship experience for our interns, we only accept a limited number for placement in either the fall, spring, or summer. All eligable and interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume to Jake Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beacon Health & Fitness is proud to be a host site for the following certifications:
- Group Exercise Instructor – Aerobics and Fitness Association of America. Click here for more information.
- Certified Personal Trainer – American College of Sports Medicine. Click here for more information.
Provide us with your name and email address, by clicking here and we’ll contact you personally as soon as new classes become available.