- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (at least 93% lean)
- One 15.5 oz can low sodium or salt free black beans, drained and rinsed
- One 14.5 oz can no salt added diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup no salt added tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- ½ teaspoon stevia (can use brown sugar variety)
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. When oil is shimmering, add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook until onions are translucent, about 4 minutes.
Add turkey and cook until meat is no longer pink, about 6 minutes (break apart as cooking into small pieces). Add in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Lower heat to medium or medium low and simmer, covered until the flavors combine, about 15 minutes.
Recipe from The Create-Your-Plate Diabetes Cookbook from the American Diabetes Association by Toby Amidor, MS, RD, CDN, FAND.