Les Mills Virtual are high quality exercise videos of some of the most popular Les Mills programs. These videos run in each of our group exercise studios when we don’t have live, in-person instructor led classes already scheduled. This means that nearly every hour we’re open, in every studio across all three locations, classes now take place. These pre-programmed classes start automatically; at the scheduled time the video kicks in and the class begins.
When looked at in total, this means we’ve added over 400 classes to our schedule for our members – that’s pretty incredible. So imagine an indoor cycling class nearly every hour – either taught live by one of our incredible instructors, or via video from the world’s leader in group fitness programming. And the same is true in our other studios as well, not just cycling.
A fun-loving, insanely addictive dance workout. SH’BAM™ is an ego-free zone – no dance experience required. All you need is a playful attitude and a cheeky smile so forget being a wallflower – even if you walk in thinking you can’t, you’ll walk out knowing you can!
BODYPUMP™ is THE ORIGINAL BARBELL CLASS™, the ideal workout for anyone looking to get lean, toned and fit – fast. Using light to moderate weights with lots of repetition, BODYPUMP gives you a total body workout. It will burn up to 400 calories. Instructors will coach you through the scientifically-backed moves and techniques pumping out encouragement, motivation and great music – helping you achieve much more than on your own! You’ll leave the class feeling challenged & motivated, ready to come back for more.
Ideal for anyone and everyone, BODYFLOW® is the yoga-based class that will improve your mind, your body and your life. During BODYFLOW an inspired soundtrack plays as you bend and stretch through a series of simple yoga moves and embrace elements of Tai Chi and Pilates. Breathing control is a part of all the exercises, and instructors will provide options for those just getting started. You’ll strengthen your entire body and leave the class feeling calm and centered. Happy.
RPM™ is a group indoor cycling workout where you control the intensity. It’s fun, low impact and you can burn up to 500 calories a session. With great music pumping and the group spinning as one, your instructor takes you on a journey of hill climbs, sprints and flat riding. In an RPM workout you repeatedly spin the pedals to reach your cardio peak then ease back down, keeping pace with the pack to lift your personal performance and boost your cardio fitness. It’s a journey, not a race!
Exercising muscles around the core, CXWORX™ provides the vital ingredient for a stronger body. A stronger core makes you better at all things you do – it’s the glue that holds everything together. All the moves in CXWORX have options, so it’s challenging but achievable for your own level of fitness. During the 30-minute workout trained instructors guide you through correct technique as you work with resistance tubes and weight plates, as well as body weight exercises like crunches, and hovers.
LES MILLS GRIT™ (Strength, Cardio & Athletic) classes are high-intensity interval training (HIIT) conditioning workouts, designed to improve strength, agility, speed, power and cardiovascular fitness. These workouts may use a barbell, weight plate and body weight exercises to hit all major muscle groups. Welcome to the class that maximizes calorie burn to get you results fast!
Is this something I can access from my home?
Les Mills Virtual is a program that runs in the actual studios at all three Beacon Health & Fitness locations, just like our live classes.
How can you guarantee safety in movements in a Les Mills Virtual Class?
Safety is of paramount importance and all Les Mills Virtual classes provide participants with proper safety and technique instructions.
Do I have to make a reservation?
Reservations are encouraged, but not required. The class schedule is found on our app and is easy to schedule & cancel if needed, along with great reminder emails to confirm the correct class, time & location.
What do I need to do when I arrive in the studio?
The video workout starts automatically at the scheduled time. So, all you need to do it arrive a few minutes early to setup your space if any mats or equipment are required. The video will prompt you at the start about any equipment needs.
What are the advantages of Les Mills Virtual to our members?
- Social distancing. We want to do everything we can to encourage you to return to our clubs, safely & when you feel ready. It seems a little counterintuitive, but one of the benefits of this program is that we don’t expect really high attendance numbers. We don’t believe it’ll be commonplace to see nearly as many people attending these classes as our live options. So, if you’re perhaps a bit uneasy returning to the club, this offers you an opportunity to take a class in an environment that’s far less crowded than what one might typically expect.
- Incredible schedule flexibility. Can’t make a live event, but love a particular class? Now you have more opportunity than ever to find a time that works for you.
- A massive expansion of our existing schedule. We’d never be able to find enough instructors to expand our schedule as much as this approach allows.
- Frees us from attendance metrics. With this feature, we can now offer classes at times that otherwise wouldn’t have a high enough attendance to support them.
- Holidays. It’s sometimes a challenge for us to find instructors wanting to work on holidays. With Les Mills Virtual, we will make a full schedule of classes available.