- 1 T olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ lb sirloin
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 6 large mushroom caps (slice if needed)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- Combine olive oil, seasoning, garlic, and lemon juice in a baking (casserole) dish and mix.
- Cut sirloin, bell peppers and onions into chunks and add to the baking dish with mushrooms. Toss and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Heat broiler or grill and thread meat and vegetables onto skewers. You may need to leave space between pieces for even cooking. Grill or broil on one side for about 4 minutes, then turn and cook for another 4-6 minutes.
- Kebobs are a fun and easy way to add more color to your plate while keeping things simple and easy in the kitchen! Substitute with any seasonal vegetables available to keep cost down and add some variety to your meals—but be sure to keep it colorful!!
Interested in Nutrition Counseling with Erica? Visit our website or email Erica: EWeinandy@beaconhealthsystem.org