The American College of Sports Medicine recommends 150 minutes of moderate intensity exercise per week OR 75 minutes of vigorous exercise per week.
If you don’t have time for longer workouts, these exercises can be done in as little as 10 minute blocks of time!
Ten-minute bouts of exercise has shown to provide the same benefits of a straight 30-minute physical activity session.
How can we easily achieve 10 minutes of exercise throughout the day? Set reminders to move on your phone or watch! Complete movements throughout your day – at work or at home!
- Walking (outside or just around your house or work place)
- Play a game with your family or child(ren)
- Household activities
- Jumping jacks
- Shuffle side to side
- Hopping, skipping, or jumping of any kind
- Squats (sit to stand from chair or couch)
- Wall push-ups
- Tricep push ups (on the floor on on a steady chair)
Mix these up any way you like, and have fun!