Looking for a healthy beginning to your day? Wanting a quick snack to leave you satisfied and fueled up? Dreaming about nourishing energy to boost your run? Than look no further than these delightful blueberry muffins that are oh so satisfying and delicious.
These are great for those busy mornings when you need to “grab-and-go,” or they make the perfect pre-fuel workout.
Makes: 12 muffins
Cook time: 18 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup large-flake (old-fashioned) rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for the mini muffin pan
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Brush the mini muffin pan with some oil.
- Place the oats in a blender or food processor and pulse until the oats reach a flour consistency, about 1 minute. Add the applesauce, olive oil and salt and blend until smooth.
- Place the oat mixture in a medium bowl and gently fold in the blueberries.
- Evenly divide the batter among the muffin cups. Tap the muffin pan onto the counter a few times to get rid of any bubbles in the batter. Fill any unused muffin cups with water.
- Bake until the muffins are golden brown on top and a tested inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18 minutes.
Source: Copyright Toby Amidor, The Best 3-Ingredient Cookbook: 100 Fast & Easy Recipes for Everyone.