If you haven’t ridden a bike in a while, stationary or not, you are missing something amazing! More and more people these days are finding – and RE-finding – the joy of cycling. Young and old, all ages, stages and sizes, are riding for exercise, fresh air, transportation, socialization and best of all, for the fun of it!
People who ride… you know how good it feels to cruise on a bike, wind in your face, blood pumping to your legs, the landscape unfolding all around. You feel fully alive.
People who don’t… why not give it a try, or a RE-try? If you have an old bike, pull it out, pump up the tires and take a short spin around the neighborhood. See how you feel. If you don’t have a bike, come to the gym and take a cycling class or just ride by yourself!
Here are a few reasons to give it a try:
- Cycling is easy on the joints – For anyone with back pain, arthritis or damaged joints in the lower body, cycling may be a good choice.
- Cycling builds muscle – Cycling is considered aerobic exercise, not resistance training – but the effort required to keep a bike in motion will improve the overall function of your core and lower body.
- Cycling can help you maintain a healthy weight – Cycling burns calories, which can help you stay lean.
- Cycling improves your balance – Maintaining strong balance is important to help you stay active.
- Cycling is FUN!! – Anytime you exercise you release endorphins, which triggers a positive feeling in the body.
You don’t need a fancy bike or special clothing. You just need the courage to give it a go. If you did it in your childhood, you can do it again. Your body will remember how. It’s true what they say. You know, it’s just like riding a bike!
Send me an email and let me know about your ride!