Have you been diagnosed with pre-diabetes, diabetes or are you struggling with elevated blood sugars? Manage your health with Beacon Health & Fitness’ Diabetes Education, modeled off of the nationally recognized Diabetes Empowerment Education Program (DEEP™).
Diabetes Education is a 4-week program that helps reduce elevated blood sugars through changes in lifestyle, diet and exercise using reasonable, but challenging goals that fit within your life. The program is led by a Registered Dietitian and a Wellness Coach and focuses on helping you prevent or reduce the development of complications associated with diabetes.
Diabetes Education focuses on:
- Learning how diabetes can affect your whole body
- Evaluating foods that cause elevated blood sugars
- Understanding how exercise helps reduce risk factors of diabetes
DEEP: Remote 4 Week Course
Recently diagnosed pre-diabetic or diabetic and feeling like you don’t know where to start?
DEEP is a way for you to learn, at your own pace, all the aspects of diabetes management you need to take control of your health.
Program overview: Weekly videos combined with a one hour meeting held via video call
- A Registered Dietitian provides guidance on food choices and health management
- A Wellness Coach offers instruction on life coping strategies for diabetes management
- Each week there are a series of videos related to management of diabetes. Topics discussed include:
- Medications and food
- Exercise and blood sugar management
- Meal planning and developing a healthy eating pattern
for members and non-members (do not need to be a member to participate)
Weekly virtual meetings on Mondays at 5:30 via Zoom.
For information regarding future Diabetes Education classes:
Erica Weinandy, Registered Dietitian – email@example.com
Kris Ohlson, Wellness Coach – firstname.lastname@example.org